From:
JSchroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:50:17 -0700

I have recieved so many emails in the last 12 hours that say "Since when
is Grainaissance not GF?".  Well, I wrote this email to the list called
"Grainaissance's GF list" or something like that.  That has all the gf
info on it.  I will only say this once again:  The letter, I recieved
yesterday, dated July 25, 2000 from Madeline Rose, the General Manager
of Grainaissance.  I specified to check their ingredients, processing
methods and cross contamination for GLUTEN in any form.  That is when
they said that their Cashew-Date Mochi is dusted in Oat Flour, and that
they NEVER clean the lines between mochi processing.

This company has given me the EXACT same info for a few years in a row,
so I am pretty sure that is the truth.  They don't understand what
gluten is, as they said rye and barley grasses are gluten free, which I
have heard are NEVER gf (as opposed to wheat grass, which could possibly
be gf).

I would say PLEASE do not risk eating Mochi from this company.  But it
is your choice.

Their address is as follows if you would like to contact them but I have
given ALL my info now to you so, not to be rude, there is nothing more I
can give you.
1580 62nd St
emeryville, ca 94608
510-547-7256
so you can contact them yourselves.
if you disagree with this info, take it up with Madeline Rose, the
General Manager.

Thanks.