From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 00:26:14 GMT

Does anyone have any knowledge of hyperparathyroidism and any possibility of
a relationship to celiac disease?  It is listed in the Merck Manual under
these names: Thyrotoxicosis, Toxic Diffuse Goiter, Graves' Disease,
Basedow Disease, Toxic Nodular Goiter, Plummer's Disease.

One of our fellow subscribers is facing the possibility of surgery next
month.

For information on any possible link to Graves' Disease, I have passed
along the name of a national group:  National Graves Disease
Foundation, 320 Arlington Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32211, (904) 724-0770.

For those interested (from the Merck manual), the common signs associated
with hyperthyrodism are: goiter; tachycardia; widened pulse pressure; warm,
fine, moist skin; tremor; eye signs; and atrial fibrillation.  Frequent
symptoms are: nervousness and increased activity, increased sweating,
hyppersensitivity to heat, palpitations, fatigue, increased appetite, weight
loss, tachycardia, insomnia, weakness, and frequesnt bowel movements.

Since several of the members have Graves' Disease, I would appreciate any
insight or information sent directly to my ID.  I will forward the information
to my friend and summarize the messages back to the List in a
few weeks.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask])
Living GF in Orlando, FL USA