From:
REBECCA RICHARDSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:11:16 -0500

Many, many thanks to all who responded to my question about whether it is
possible to eat GF at DisneyWorld without making restaurant reservations
far in advance.  Most people felt that it was possible to do so, but
thought it was a good idea to call the restaurant you plan to visit the
day or morning before you plan to eat there and inform them of the need
for a GF meal.  One person said that in spite of the rule against bringing
food into the parks, they had never been challenged.  (I plan to bring
some "emergency" snack items we can use if we get in a bind.  I had our
doctor write a "to whom it may concern" letter about celiac disease and my
daughter's need to follow a GF diet.  I think I'll take a copy of that
with us in case we get a "challenge.")  I learned from a different source
that you can take a picnic to the water parks, and since we always travel
with a cooler full of GF food, we definitely will use the cooler to picnic
there.  Virtually everyone recommended getting a room with a fridge and
microwave (we have).  Also, it was mentioned that all the walk-up stands
have books that list the ingrediants in their menu items, so it is
possible to verify GF status.

This has been so helpful.  It is very important to us that food not become
the focal point or central issue in our daughter's life.  We try always to
focus her on "what there is to do" rather than "what there is to eat."  It
is just great to know that we will be able to do this on this very special
vacation!