From:
Carolyn Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carolyn Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:04:54 -0700

I recently started taking 100 IU of Vitamin E-the dl-alpha capsules
suspended in oil.  I also take a multiple that provides 200 IU of dry
Vit E---the dry didn't seem to do anything for me.  I read that gamma
vit E should be avoided; also read E is fat soluble and stored in the
body.  It thins the blood-it is important not to take too much in
supplement form.

I seem to be really benefiting from the 100 IU; my skin looks better and
my digestive tract seems to be working better-plus it seems to
definitely help with mild depression.

I wonder if it could be that the wheat nails us because the Vitamin E
has been extracted?  Maybe the body can't handle wheat without the
vitamin E being present.  This is just a wild guess.  I certainly am not
suggesting that anyone take vit. E and eat gluten.  Is there anyone out
there who thinks there may be a connection?  Are you taking the oil vit
E and if yes, do you think it might provide some protection against
flare ups?

I have not been diagnosed with Celiac-tests were negative-but I cannot
tolerate wheat.  I get very dark circles under my eyes, it puts me to
sleep, makes my eyes and digestive tract drier, may cause pain, etc.  I
am not allergic to it.  All tests indicate that I can tolerate it, but I
can't.