From:
Kevin Nadherny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 06:16:34 PDT

Hi all,
I get a lot of responses on my oats experiment. Most of them blaming oatmeal
for they health troubles. Also they mist my point. I am the last person in
this world to be crazy, or desperate for oatmeal. But many of you missing
oats as a part of your tradition. When I see the diagram of origin grains
(see below) I came to the conclusion, that there is no way that oats
contains gluten. In that case also rice would be harmful to us. So I made
one experiment to prove to my self, that the diagram is based on the true
study and make sense. You people, which had problems with oatmeal, was not
oats, but contaminates in it. And belive me there is a lot of them in "clean
oats".

Conclusion? I do not recommend to eat any of you oats, or anything else.

This was only one time my experiment, which result I am trying to share with
you, and I am not going to do this again. It is just not worth it and is a
lot of good food there to enjoy it.

>TAXONOMIC RELATIONSHIP OF MAJOR CEREAL GRAINS
>
>FAMILY                                             Gramineae
>
>                                                  /         \
>                                                 /           \
>                                                /             \
>                                               /               \
>                                              /                 \
>                                             /                   \
>
>SUBFAMILY                             Festucoideae            Panicoideae
>
>                                     /        |  \                |
>                                    /         |   \               |
>                                   /          |    \              |
>                                  /           |     \             |
>                                 /            |      \            |
>                                /             |       \           |
>                               /              |        \          |
>                              /               |         \         |
>
>TRIBE                  Triticeae           Aveneae   Oryzeae  Tripsaceae
>
>                      /        \              |         |         |
>
>SUBTRIBE      Triticineae         \           |         |         |

>GENUS     Triticum    Secale     Hordeum    Avena     Oryza      Zea

>SPECIES  T.aestivum  S.cereale  H.vulgare  A.sativa  O.sativa   Z.mays
>
>           (Wheat)     (rye)     (barley)   (oat)     (rice)    (corn)

Kevin Nadherny
Canada