From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:40:09 -0500

There are four Celiacs in our Catholic Church.  We would like to approach our priest to ask for permission to be allowed to receive the gluten free communion wafer made by the Sisters in Clyde, Mo.  We would like to know if any Catholic Church is currently allowing these gluten free wafers and if so, what kind of procedures are used at Mass to insure no cross contamination.  The Eucharistic ministers touching the wheat hosts, would not be able to touch the gluten free hosts so who handles the wafers? How are they distributed?  How do you know how many and which Mass they are distributed?  Any information on the procedures being used would be greatly appreciated.  I will summarize any information I get.

Thank you in advance.
Rita