From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:58:05 -0800

Re : Exchange studentListmates

Awhile ago, I posted a request for a French foreign exchange student.
Perhaps because of the trama lately, their was no response so I'm
posting it again.  This seems to me to be an wonderful opportunity for
an American celiac and the French girl.  Here is the email from the
French girl's mom:

"Morgane is 14 and she would like to spend a couple weeks in an American
home with a child of about her age who shares the same disease.  The
reason we would prefer California is that my brother is living (for more
than 20 yrs now) in Santa Monica and that proximity could be an
advantage.  However, California is not a mandatory condition.
Since we have some time, maybe you could put our request on your list.
I do very much appreciate your help.

I love your country and I keep lots of fantastic souvenirs of my student
days at Berkeley and Boston in the 70's!

Best regards
Dominique Guillemet"

Here is an email I received from the American mom that a German celiac
boy stayed with last year:

I am the "American mom" that Johannes Schmidt stayed with.  We enjoyed
having him with us very much.  The entire experience was wonderful.  I
have always wanted to thank you for making this adventure possible.  I
originally did it for selfish reasons; I wanted my son to know that
there are other kids in the world with Celiac Disease.  I actually think
our hearts filled up from having Johannes here.  Johannes's family have
invited us to come and visit them in Germany.  We plan to go and see
them someday.  They want Cameron (my son) to stay with them for a month
or so.  What a wonderful opportunity!  Thanks again so much.

Sincerely,
K'Lynn Trunfio

There must be a celiac girl somewhere in this country who would like
company for a couple of weeks.  Please respond directly to