Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:43:22 -0500

The following was the response I got from Legal Sea Foods Restaurant regarding my question on their new gluten free menu (why is Sorbet excluded and Blue Cheese included).  I had sent a copy to their Director of Guest Relations who immediately sent it to  Ms. O'Neill.  She responded in less than an hour from my original posting!  Clearly this is a company that cares about all its customers, including those with CD!

Chris Woodcock
Northborough MA
(no connection with Legal Sea Foods, but would be proud if I did!)

Dear Mr. Woodcock:

Thank you for your wonderful review of your dining experience at our Framingham restaurant and, particularly, your family's experience with our Gluten Free Menu.  Rest assured, many hours have been spent going over our ingredient lists while developing this menu to ensure that our Guests might dine in confidence at Legal Sea Foods.

Legal Sea Foods uses Davidson Hubeny Brand Blue Cheese which is a gluten free product.  Also, Legal doesn't list any sorbets or ice cream on our Gluten Free Menu because these products contain glucose powder which is not gluten free.

I hope this information helps with your choices.  Please feel free to contact me if you have further concerns.

Thank you for dining at Legal Sea Foods.  We look forward to serving you again soon!

Sincerely,

JoAnne O'Neill
Manager, Guest Affairs
Legal Sea Foods, Inc.