From:
Natasha. <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:45:29 +0930

Cat,

I am 28 years old and live in Australia. I have had stomach problems
since I was a child, severe stomach cramps, diarrhoea, constipation etc.
My GP at the time reccommended eating more fibre/wheat. This didn't help
at all.  I also suffered many many allergies over time. My allergy list
to foods etc reads like a book!! Then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
11 years ago.  This goes hand in hand with IBS. So that explained my
stomach problems after 18 years. But even following diet recommendations
for IBS etc and avoiding my food allergies it didnt help. A biopsy for
CD was "inconclusive".  They told me it was in my head. So I lived with
it and tried to carry on as best as I could. Then after a very messy
court case with my ex, along with my grandmother and cousin both dying
of cancer, I got very sick. I simply couldn't function. Everything I ate
would come straight back up. Even fluids wouldn't stay down. I got
referred to another gastroenterologist in my new state. He was
wonderful. He listened to all I had to say. He immediately ordered a
endoscopy and checked out my all of my insides. No conclusive signs of
CD, however I had shadows that "may have been" healed ulcers.  My
stomach was certainly acting as though they were!! I was told I had
endoscopy negative oesophigitis. Plus a couple of other labels. All
meaning that my stomach was sensitive to foods, which was majorly
exacerbated by stress! I went onto Rani2 tablets 300mg twice a day, and
told to go on a gluten free diet. The change is amazing. I feel so
healthy, normal bowel movements(for the first time in 27 years!) my skin
looks healthy, asthma has reduced, my nails and hair are strong and
healthy, and I have never had so much energy in all my life! I am to be
retested for allergies in a couple of months as they think that the
gluten in my diet messed up my system so much, that it was causing my
body to reject everything. For example I can now eat some fruits that
used to make my mouth come out in the most painful blisters.

So hold in there, you will find the answers. Sometimes even though we
don't test positive to CD, a gluten free diet can help immensely. I have
now reduced my medication as well. Am hoping I will not need it at all
soon, when I had been told I would be on it for life.

Natasha