From:
"Anette J. Auyang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:21:45 -0700

Fellow listmembers,

My dad's health brings on the following question: could any of the following
symptoms be severe side effects of advanced celiac sprue?:

- pounding headache, so bad that it wakes you up at night
- profuse sweating at the least bit of physical effort
- decreased sensitivity in the outer limbs, especially legs
- dizziness
- loss of balance

My dad has been admitted to the hospital this morning with these symptoms,
and more.  The doctors did an MRI scan on his head today, but didn't find
anything (thank goodness!)  A neurologist is scheduled to examine him
tomorrow.  My dad has NOT been diagnosed with celiac, but has had bowel
problems all his life, at times very severe.  I'm thinking that they need
test him for celiac now -- it might be a long shot, but worth a try.

Please note that **I DO realize that these symptoms could be due to
something other than sprue.**

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide!

Anette
San Francisco