From:
David Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 1995 22:26:49 GMT

I'm very new to this list but I'm very optomistic that
it will be very useful.
I have a 4 1/2 year old boy,Oliver,who is autistic but also has
a number of related problems:-
intermittent candida problems-we use Nystatin
leaky gut as measured by a PEG test
Iga reaction to gluten and casein
low essential fatty acids-we use evening primrose oil
low magnesium,vitamin B6,vitamin C,zinc etc-we use super nuthera
well known on the autism list

My main point is that I could see that the leaky gut could be
the most significant problem.Oliver has been on gluten free
diet (although not ultra strict) and milk free diet for about
15 months.
Are there any products that can help fix a leaky gut and are
there any scientific studies to back it up?
Oliver is doing really well on an intensive home based therapy
system (Lovaas for anyone who knows autism) but I'm sure there
is still somethimg missing-I'd love to hear from anyone with
any suggestons.
dave Taylor