From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2012 15:06:14 -0400

Hi Everyone,
I wish everyone could have attended this event.  Doctor Peter Osborne gave a fantastic speech.  He is from Houston, TX, and you can find his video at The Gluten Free Society. Just google it.  He talked a lot about other grains like corn and the fact that it is put in as many or more products than wheat.  They are having these Expo's all over the country and the next one is in Houston.

It started at 8:00 AM with g/f pancakes.  In hindsight I should have taken some sugar free syrup as I have T-1 diabetes.
After all the speakers finished about 10:30 the vendors gave out all kinds of snacks including slices of pizza.  We won a bag of g/f items from Trader Joe's, after purchasing 5 tickets to sponsor a g/f kids camp this Summer.  The admission price here was 10.00 each. We got a total of 4 shopping bags of goodies and Whole Foods even gave out loaves of bread.

One of the vendors from Asheville, NC did a cooking demonstration of pasta and says that their restaurant is totally g/f.
We will go there when apples get ripe this fall.  We like the white sour wood honey from that area also.

Charlie from SC   T-1 diabetes, DH, CD and gastroparesis  (Dr Osborne says that is an autoimmune disease also)