From:
Theresa Huss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Theresa Huss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 18:46:49 -0700

3 people wrote with noodle cooking tips:

  WAYS TO COOK  THEM

  1) RINSE, RINSE, RINSE the noodles  to remove all starch

  2) it seems to me, from experience, that all non-wheat pastas -- be they rice-based (as many are) or combinations or rice, corn, etc. etc  ALL get rigid and tasteless when refrigerated because, as I understand it, the chemical composition of the starch in them changes.
  Be that as it may, here is my suggestion:
      1. make your gluten free pasta shortly before serving your pasta salad...you can
      make it the final ingredient -- preparing all the other aspects of the salad beforehand..
      add it shortly before eating...
      2. you can make pasta an hour or two before...but leave it un refrigerated (if
      not too hot outside)....

3) When cooking gluten free pasta when the cooking is done you must rinse the noodle till they are cold let them drain and rinse again prior to reheating and eating.  Rinse the noodle prior to storing in the fridge.

If making a salad cooking rinse to cool and than rinse prior to putting

In the fridge then when you take them out rinse them drain and use.

When cooking the noodles, I know each kind has a different cooking

time. Most of the white rice noodles need to be put in boiling water which I add a bit of salt and olive oil, bring to a boil again and stir often to make sure no clumps and then turn heat off and put lid on and time for 20 minutes and rinse till cold and drain.

Brown Rice noodle don't quite cook that way they can get mushy quick.

I cook them along with corn pasta, my 5 boys love corn pasta, boil the

water and put salt and oil in and add noodles while stirring, turn heat to half on, stir often, time for 7 minutes, if not cooked cover and remove from heat let set 2 minutes or so and check, rinse till completely cooled and drain.

Do write down times and methods each time to figure out exact so you

can cook great pasta.

Theresa Huss

*******
*******