From:
Jayne O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:35:28 -0500

I just want to thank everyone for their help. I will pass all this on to my
mum and hope she follows through.  She is 66 and is finding this diet hard
enough without having to eliminate more things from it.

Most people said that that it makes no difference if she is Gluten
Intolerant or has Celiac as she still needs to follow a strict gluten free
diet.

A few people felt her age may have something to do with the recovery time.

Some others felt that she is most likely still getting gluten some how.
Which is what i felt but she insists she is'nt. I found something she was
eating yesterday had vinegar in it. She hadn't even read the ingredients,
just assumed they would be right.

A lot of people felt she may need to eliminate other food from her diet,
such as dairy etc and suggested she do an elimination diet.  I have been
trying to talk her into this for years.

Once again thanks for the help and maybe all this info coming from people
with CD will encourage her to look further into her diet.  She doesn't seem
to want to hear it from me.

Jayne