From:
Pixilated <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 09:04:54 -0700

Dear Friends,

    Just when I was about to throw in the towel and give up on my vegetarian
lifestyle, I found this shareware cookbook online.  It is on the honor
system as you can freely view it and use it.  The Author does not appear to
be a celiac nor do all of his recipes contain entirely GF ingredients, yet
he's pretty consistent, and tries to give special warning throughout for
people like you and I who should not eat a specific ingredient.

    For those who can, he gives alternatives for the wheat eaters in
parenthesis.  I found this a different point of view and enjoyed the reverse
perspective.

    As always, read and check your ingredients, call before you consume, and
realize that some of his suggestions may NOT be gluten free.  A good
example:  In his alternative sweeteners category he offers the suggestion to
use "barley malt syrup"  DON'T use it, you know you can't have it, and
besides, has plenty of other alternative sweeteners listed.  :-D

    Anyway, if you are an alternative grain eater (quinoa, millet, teff
etc.) then you might find these recipes enjoyable.  Just remember to be
sensible.

The address is:  http://www.vitalita.com/cookbooks.html

Hope this helps someone,
Lynda Swink