From:
Mary Blymire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:48:24 -0700

Hi,

Long time, no post, which from my perspective means things have been
good.  It's been a year now since my diagnosis and I feel much better and
am a bit heavier.  One drawback is that my gastro admits, relative to CD,
that I know more than him ... I haven't decided whether to delve into the
search and insurance stuff to determine if I can touch base with an
"expert" in PA.  Any suggestions welcome there too.

Question:  Is anyone out there on Depakote?  I am taking it for migraine
control and we recently increased the dose again.  For many years, I
tolerated mouth sores that I attributed to acidity or mild food allergies I
was unaware of, etc.  Now seems that the g-f diet has cleared those up
pretty well.  I have noticed over the past two months that they are
c-r-e-e-p-i-n-g back.  Now I am wondering what the source is ... possible
gluten?  This medication to the best of my knowledge is the only change
I've made.  Depakote is gradually helping with the migraines and I spoke to
Abbott (manufacturer) in 10/00 and again today (1-800-633-9110).  They say
they have not reformulated Depakote since 10/00 but are going to call me
back with report on their yearly updates with vendors for their other
ingredients.  These updates are done throughout the year so I don't know
how soon I'll hear from them.  Best they'll say is that their vendors tell
them no gluten.  They asked me to speak with their Adverse Event Dept.
which I'd rather do after having more information -- possibly from any of
you??  Many thanks, once again.

Oh, just remembered, also have been using Excedrin Migraine.  Any comments
on that??

Best,

Mary

Mary C. Blymire, Faculty Staff Assistant
Department of Academic Affairs
PENN STATE YORK CAMPUS
1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York, PA 17403
phone:  (717) 771-4150
fax:  (717) 771-8404
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

  "IMAGINE all the people living for today ..."