From:
ca matlock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ca matlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:05:25 -0700

My thanks to all of you helpful people who replied.

My primary question was to locate a Mobile, Alabama support group.

There apparently is =not= a support group in Mobile. There are support groups with CSA in both Huntsville and Birmingham. There is a GIG support group in Huntsville. All of these groups are in north Alabama. There is a R.O.C.K. group in Slocomb, which is in the far southeast corner of the state.

My secondary question/comment about considering a good place for a celiac person to retire brought this interesting response:
>>We have had a CD support group here in Charleston, SC for about two years.
The medical university(MUSC) has a good GI clinic.  There are a lot of
military
retires here and an Air Base and Navy base.  We have a nice VA hospital
downtown.
I live in the north area in;  Hanahan & NC have the same area code 29406.  I
can tell you more if interested?<<

If I end up moving to Mobile, I guess I shall see about starting a support group. <g> Until then, I'm doing more investigation of other towns/communities.
Thanks again,
CurtissAnn

www.curtissannmatlock.com

Everywhere I have sought rest and found it not except sitting apart in a nook with a little book. -- Thomas  'A Kempis