From:
Sidona Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:37:13 -0700

I sent an e-mail to Cold Stone Creamery inquiring whether or not their
ice cream was gluten-free.  We had several correspondences, so I'm
sending all of them to you, in hopes it will all be helpful.  I don't
know if they have these everywhere, but they do have them on the west
coast.  I found it interesting that the lady who responded said her
husband is gluten-intolerant.

They responded:

Dear Sidona G. Ryan,

Thank you for inquiring about Gluten in the Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream
and Yogurt Mix!  The Sweet Cream, Chocolate ice cream and yogurt does not
contain any form of Gluten.

My husband is Gluten intolerant also, I completely understand how careful
you need to be, and how some form of Gluten is used in many food products
these days.  FYI - I have found a wonderful bread made in Redmond, WA, they
ship by the case too if your interested.  I have tried and tried to make
bread for him and nothing comes close to the flavor or texture of this
bread.  Let me know if your interested, happy to forward the information to
you.

Thanks, Janet Anderson

Then I asked:

One more question.  When you say Sweet Cream, Chocolate Ice Cream and
Yogurt, is that all of the ice cream that you have or is there something I
should stay clear of?  Thanx again.  Sidona

They responded:

That is all their ice cream except for Cold Stone's sugar free, that is not
a product we produce for them, so I can't say for sure if it gluten free.
Cold Stone Creamery corporate offices should also be replying to you
regarding the toppings.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks, Janet

I asked:

Also, regarding Cold Stone, does that apply to all Cold Stones.  I'm in San
Diego.  This will be great news for my son.  Thanx, Sidona

They responded:

Yes, no gluten all locations of Cold Stone Creamerys.