From:
Manny Strumpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 16:44:45 EDT

Sorry it has taken so long to respond.  All suggestions were exellent, but
time hadn't permitted me to respond until now.  I'll try to summarize the

1. rice is available everywhere.

2. fresh fish in any restaurant plus fresh fruit.

3."any restaurant is fine."

4. "Unfortunately most entrees sold with a plate lunch have soy sauce.  Ask
for something with no breading or soy sauce."

5. On Maui the Kea Lani Hotel. Callin advance and work with the manager of
food & beverage.  Chef extremely helpful.

6. Roy Yamaguchi's Restaurant on Maui, a little north or Lahaina,. "They
undertstand what GF is and the food is fabulous."

7. Mango Cafe in Lahaina in Maui is in a shopping center and there are a few
things on the menu.

8. "An excellent restaurant on Maui is in Kihei.the restaurant is Carelli's on
the Beach.  Other places are Maui Tacos, Peggy Sue's and Stella Blues whose
hash browns have flour substitute.

9. On Maui:  West Side is the name of a health food store.  There is the Kai
Ku Ono Restaurant; Down to Earth health food store; Pacifico's Restaurant;
Hanalai Dolphin, The Shipman House and Cafe 100, a fast food place. Roy's
Restaurant on Waikiki and in Honolulu the McDonald's has rice for breakfast..
"Many people on the islands are helpful. It's easy to eat GF as there's
plenty of fish and vegetables."

We're leaving this week so we can't or won't vouch for any of the above until
we arrive and try them. But we're glad to share these suggestions and hope
you are successful. Hope, too that you enjoy your trip as much as we are
looking forward to it.

One of the individuals who responded said she is going to Hawaii for her
honeymoon. Sorry we misplaced your response but best wishes for a long and
happy married life.  We're married 43 years and we still are each other's
best friend.

And lastly. To those who provided suggestions, many thanks.[   There's
nothing like the celiac community to help each other..

Phyllis in Connecticut