From:
Donna Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:03:49 -0500

When my husband told me he wanted to quit dairy to see if it would help his
sinuses, I said I needed some new recipes and checked an asian cookbook out
of the library.  This was an instant hit, makes a good lunch:

Vietnamese cole slaw
dressing:
1/8 tsp cayenne (or a hot pepper minced))
3 T lime or lemon juice (or vinegar)
2 T fish sauce (or wheat free soy sauce)
3 T salad oil (my addition))
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed or grated

1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I have been using turkey)
4 c shredded cabbage
1 carrot, grated
peanuts for garnish, these are best bought raw and toasted in a dry cast
iron frying pan.  Be sure to do extra!
The original recipe calls for a half cup of finely slivered mint leaves, but
mine isn't up yet.  I have been putting spearmint in salads for years now,
since I read they use it there.  It doesn't taste like it smells.  Also it
calls for coriander leaves (cilantro)) which my husband won't eat.