From:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:38:12 -0800

Does anyone know of a patient-friendly, proactive, Celiac-aware Kaiser Permanente primary-care physician in Sacramento, Rancho Cordova or Folsom, CA who might be taking new patients?  I know, I know, I'm asking for an awful lot, but my primary-care physician, who was patient-friendly, proactive, and willing to be educated about CD, has scaled back her practice and I'm one of the unlucky patients being transferred out.  I've had a bad experience with such a transfer before (I got a horrible man who, when I asked to be tested for CD, said, "If you think you have Celiac Disease, why don't you just stop eating wheat?"  Yeah, right.  I dropped him fast.  I'm hoping someone on this list can refer me to a good physician at Kaiser (I can not switch medical plans and I need someone local, so please don't refer me to anyone other than a Kaiser physician in the areas I mentioned) or to a resource for locating a physician so I don't have to go through the search headache again.  I don't care if the physician is male or female as long as they don't give me grief or treat me like an idiot.

Thanks!
~Tamara in Sacramento