From:
Mary Blymire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 14:20:00 -0700

Hi there,

Anyone using Advair?  After 12 days, I got thrush in my mouth which is a
fungal infection.  It happens to people using this sometimes.  It is a
powder you inhale and I was only to take it for 1 month after
bronchitis.  I was rinsing my mouth after use.  What I've read
somewhere, I think it was drkoop.com, is that interestingly usually only
people with "compromised" immune systems get thrush.  Several months ago
I had a skin fungal infection.  These were both things I never had
before.  I've been gluten free for one year last month.  Just curious if
others have experienced this reaction to Advair or have had thrush.  Now
I am going to be taking an antibiotic by mouth to swish and swallow.
Look out belly, here it comes!  What's bizarre is antibiotics often are
the cause of yeast (fungal) infections.

Now to the wrist.  Has anyone who experiences this come again go again
joint pain had an MRI done, or what other tests?  I've had arthrogram and
bone scan and there's nothing showing up.  Just curious to see because
these out-of-left field things always throw me for a a day or two, you know.

Thanks again.

Mary

Mary C. Blymire, Faculty Staff Assistant
Department of Academic Affairs
PENN STATE YORK CAMPUS
1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York, PA 17403
phone:  (717) 771-4150
fax:  (717) 771-8404
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

  "IMAGINE all the people living for today ..."