From:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Fenster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 16:29:51 -0500

GLUTEN-FREE FRIENDS AVAILABLE AT GROUP DISCOUNTS

Our newest book, Gluten-Free Friends, by Nancy Patin Falini, MA, RD,
LDN, is now available at group discount rates. Order 10 or more books,
mailed to the same address, and get a 30% discount off the retail price
of $18.95. You pay shipping, which is about $5 for 10 books. This is a
great way for your support group to obtain books for families with
celiac kids. Call me at 800.741.5418 for more details or check out the
book at www.savorypalate.com <http://www.savorypalate.com/> .

PEEK INSIDE MY SUITCASE TO EUROPE

I just returned from 10 marvelous, scenic days in Portugal and thought
you might like to know what foods I take on such long trips. I travel in
one suitcase, plus a large carry-on bag that contains the usual rice
crackers, nuts, etc. This carry-on bag empties as the trip progresses
and food is replaced with souvenirs and mementos. I also take Pamela's
biscotti which travel VERY well and were great dunked in the ubiquitous
Portugese espresso. Omega Smart Bars, Nice Spice soups (you just add
boiling water for a quick lunch) and dried apples that I make in my own
convection oven. Plus, my own Cheese Biscotti (in Wheat-Free Recipes &
Menus) were great dunked in soups. I'll tell you more about my trip and
Portugese food in the November issue of Carol's Culinary Cues, which you
can subscribe to by going to my web site at www.savorpalate.com
<http://www.savorpalate.com/> and it's FREE.

GLUTEN-FREE AT THE AMERICAN DIETITIANS CONFERENCE

I just got back from exhibiting at the American Dietitians Conference in
San Antonio, TX. All of the gluten-free vendors were in the same aisle
of the convention hall and we even had a huge banner hanging over the
aisle that read "GLUTEN-FREE PAVILLION." Pretty impressive!

Three great ladies helped me in the my booth throughout the conference:
Janet Rinehart, president of the Houston Celiac Sprue Association
Support Group and Anne Barfield, president of the San Antonio Celiac
Sprue Association Support Group. Melanie Psaltakis of the San Antonio
group was also indispensable in helping us with numerous details in the
booth.

In addition to the exhibits, I presented a food demo at a special
session presented and organized by Cynthia Kupper, RD, of the Gluten
Intolerance Group, plus Shelley Case, RD, of Case Nutrition Counseling,
and Mary Sharrett, RD, from Children's Hospital in Columbus, OH. Janet
and Anne helped me with many of the details of doing a food demo.
Judging by the comments from the dietitians afterwards, the event was a
success and demonstrated how much we can accomplish when we all work
together, regardless of our affiliation.

CELIAC DISEASE FOUNDATION ON NOVEMBER 2, 2003

I'm about to board a plane for tomorrow's Celiac Disease Foundation Food
Faire in Los Angeles, CA. Elaine Monarch and her staff have a great
line-up of speakers and events.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

As I write this, it's cold and snowy outside..reminding me that the
holidays aren't far away. May joy fill your heart and good, gluten-free
food fill your tummy this coming holiday season.

Carol Fenster, Ph.D. - President
Savory Palate, Inc.  800.741.5418
8174 S. Holly, #404, Centennial, CO  80122
Award winning books, cooking consultant for food sensitivities
Subscribe to FREE e-newsletter and order books at www.CarolFenster.com