From:
"Walter D. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 1996 08:46:14 -0400

I've had experience with bread (machine made) collapsing in two ways.
(Neither of these problems, as far as I am concerned, have anything to do
with the type of machine you have, but the nature of the ingredients.)

1. The top of the loaf of bread falls in. eg. no nice rounded loaf of bread

        to stop this from happening I had to reduce the amount of yeast,
        I now use 2 teaspoons of yeast for the 1.5 pound (3 cups of
        flour) loaf of bread. Before I used more yeast and the top of the
        bread would always fall in, now I get nice rounded tops.

2. The bread kind of colapses under it's own weight after it has cooks.
This leaves you with nice bubbly light bread on the top half of the loaf
and rather dense heavy bread with few bubbles in the bottom of the loaf.

        To my way of thinking this problem is caused by the nature of the
        flour used in making GF bread. The only cure I can find that
        helps prevent this type of colapsing is to remove the bread
        from the machine as soon as it is finished baking, and put the
        bread on it's side on a grill. The problem is you have to be there
        as soon as the bread is finished cooking, and the loaf is still
        more dense on the bottom than the top.
        Another cure to this might be a bread machine that bakes a normal
        shaped size of bread.

Walter Barr [log in to unmask]
Love to ski.