From:
Greta deWolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:25:12 -0500

I am asking this on behalf of members of our support group.   How many
of you have kidney problems or know other Celiacs to have kidney
problems?

We have a group of 70 members.  Out of them, one died of complications
of Goodmans Pasture- an autoimmune disease  in which antibodies destroy
the kidneys.    Another one has been told he has kidney failure but does
not know the exact cause.   It seems strange that out of 70 people, 2
persons would have kidney failure.  I have read about complications of
kidney disease but have not heard from this list or other places of it
being this prevalent.

I hate to be a pessimist but I am also mourning.  We have been organized
for three years and we have lost three members.   One died due to a
heart attack which they believed was caused by a low hemoglobin count.
One died of leukemia.   This month the person with Goodman's Pasture
Syndrome died.

At any rate, I would appreciate any responses in relationship to Celiac
disease and kidney failure.