From:
Deni Hansen-Gray Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:58:16 -0500

We still owe the list some summaries (i.e.: about barium's GF status) and
we will get around to posting them, but my health is going down the tubes
right now and I really hope someone has some info that might help.  After
my GP being *sure* that my problem was my gallbladder, the surgeon decided
that - no - the tests results were too conflicting, so he did and endoscopy
(with a general anaesthesia because of the uncertainty of the GF status of
the numbing meds he uses and I still had a reaction to the anaesthetic) He
biopsied for esophegal (sp??) cancer in some scar tissue and found red
streaks at the bottom of the stomach that he felt were ulcer material.  The
biopsies came back ok.  No bugs - no cancer.  Now he wants to do more
testing for acid reflux (having a tube down my nose and throat for 24 hours
is not my idea of a good time).  Meanwhile, after researching this
diagnosis I find that the common complaint is heartburn - which I don't
have.  He has me on prilosec - which is causing all kinds of strange
reactions in my body.  He took me off the anti spasmodic which was helping
me.  Now I have pain and bloating and medicine reactions.  I've about had
enough.  I wonder if any or all of this is CD related.  Does anyone have
any thoughts?  I'd also like to know if anyone knows of a dr. in the
northwest Indiana or Chicago area that really knows his CD stuff. (This guy
really knows nothing of CD and I am an extreme reactor.  I had an
anaphalactic shock reaction 2 1/2 years ago and now my sensitivity is
unreal.)  I feel as if I am back in the trial and error of my CD diagnosis
5 years ago when I almost died from malnutition before they figured out
that the meds they were giving me were gluten based.  I feel like a guinea
pig.

deni
(who is tired of hurting and being tired)
Valparaiso, IN USA

Steve Weber,

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he  thinks he already knows." --
Epictetus