From:
Flood Clan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:22:39 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for all of your helpful email!

We started our 7-year old daughter on a gluten-free diet last May, and
her stomach trouble dramatically improved (pretty much disappeared).
Over the last few weeks, however, she's had some bad stomachaches.  Each
time we try to figure out where the gluten could have come from, and we
can usually find at least one suspect.

My question is this:  Has anyone found that their tolerance to gluten
got worse after starting a GF diet?  We were lucky that my daughter
never had very serious symptoms before she was diagnosed, even though
she must have been eating gluten every day.  Now she seems to have a
reaction to even the smallest amount of gluten.  Is it possible that her
body can't accept any gluten at all now without a bad reaction?

Thanks,
Susan