From:
Art Raiche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:11:19 -0500

Being a celiac means that your life is opened up to a terrific variety of
pastas and breads made from lupin, soy, rice, buckwheat etc flours.  It means
that you now have an automatic brake on eating junk food.  It means that you
tend to buy higher quality food and put more time into preparation.  I suspect
that because of these factors, being diagnosed as a celiac will give some
people a longer life span than if they didn't have the condition.

So think of your condition as a doorway into a better life.  In Sydney, certain
health food shops and upmarket supermarkets stock an astonishing range of GF
products without excessive markup and I suspect the same is true of most large
cities in North America.

I am not a celiac but my wife is so I go along with her GF diet.  I really
enjoy it much better than before she was diagnosed.

Art Raiche