From:
Leslie Granson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 19:55:36 -0400

For those who are allergic (and/or sensitive) to corn and rice, as well as to
GF flours, I would like to share a couple of recipes which are very tasty, as
well as having dietary benefits. The mix and the bean flour comes from
Authentic Foods (l-800-806-4737). There are other GF products also; I bought
maple sugar, vanilla powder and falafel mix. It is all of high quality and
quite delicious. I have no investment in the company; I am just a very
satisfied and grateful customer. Even if you can tolerate the usual GF flours
(which are also carried by Authentic Foods) these recipes are a refreshing
change.

FALAFEL PANCAKE

l cup of Authentic Foods Falafel Mix
3 tablespoons of maple sugar or brown sugar
3 tablespoons of canola or safflower oil (or corn oil)
l cup of water, or soy milk, or milk
2 large eggs (or egg replacer)

In a bowl, mix falafel mix with maple sugar.  In another bowl, beat together
eggs, milk, and oil.  Then add it to the first bowl and mix.  Add water to
thin, if necessary.  Preheat skillet that has been lightly coated with olive
oil to keep pancakes from sticking.  Drop batter into skillet to make 4-inch
diameter pancakes.  Cook first side until bubbles form, then flip to other
side.  Serve with cucumber dressing, tahini or applesauce.

I will get the Pizza Crust recipe on the list tomorrow.

Leslie