From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:27:01 -0600

GLUTEN-FREE RESTAURANT CARDS
--   Various translations of gluten-free cards in Jax Peters Lowell's THE
GLUTEN-FREE BIBLE.

-- TRIUMPH DINING CARDS. Laminated cards in Thai, Indian, Mexican, American,
Japanese, and Chinese cuisines to help celiacs explain our diet to
restaurant wait staff,  especially noting ethnic dishes to avoid or include.
Go to website at www.triumphdining.com,   or e-mail [log in to unmask]
A complete variety set of 6 is $9.95 plus shipping.  You can get packs of
the same card, too. Write Triumph Dining, Attn. Kay Inamine, 201 South 18th
St., Suite 2517, Philadelphia, PA  19103.

-- Free Gluten-Free Restaurant Cards at www.celiactravel.com.  Many
languages;  print directly from site for a page of cards!   English version
says, "I have an illness called Celiac Disease and have to follow a strict
gluten-free diet.  I may therefore become very ill if I eat food containing
flours or grains of wheat, rye, barley & oats.  Does this food contain flour
or grains of wheat, rye, barley or oats?  If you are at all uncertain about
what the food contains, please tell me.  I can eat food containing rice,
maize, potatoes, all kinds of vegetables and fruit, eggs, cheese, milk, meat
and fish - as long as they are not cooked with wheat flour, batter, bread
crumbs or sauce.  Thank you for your help."

-- Free Gluten-Free Restaurant Travel cards in Spanish, French, Italian,
German, Greek and Russian.  Go to www.glutenfreepassport.com, then click on
"Translations."  Made by authors of LET'S EAT OUT.  (These are excellent for
traveling - jyr)   Good translations.

-- www.dietarycard.com.  UK cards in English, French, German, Italian and
Spanish.  "I have an allergy/intolerance to wheat, barley, rye & oats and
all derivatives (wheat flour, bread crumbs, soy sauce.  Eating foods, sauces
or garnishes containing these ingredients will make me ill.  Can you assist
my choice from the menu?"

-- www.LivingWithout.com .  Living Without magazine offers a Gluten-Free
Dining Card, Casein Free Dining Card, and Gluten-Free Shopping Tips Card for
$5 each.  Living Without, PO Box 2126, Northbrook, IL 60062.

-- RESTAURANT CARDS in English and Spanish at
http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/print.php from the Gluten-Free
Restaurant Awareness Program.

-- www.selectwisely.com .  Translated laminated allergy cards in many
languages.

--  www.menudata.com.

-- THE GLUTEN/WHEAT-FREE GUIDE TO EATING OUT with Dining Out Card.  Order
at www.goodhealthpublishing.com .  Price is $20 plus $2.95 shipping.
Reviews about 70     restaurants & chains.

Janet Rinehart, Chairman
Houston Celiac Support Group
www.houstonceliacs.org
281-679-7608