From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2011 10:40:04 -0400

I've heard from several people that all you need to do to defrost a small, frozen package of cooked pasta, is run the baggie or sit the baggie in hot water.  This is for pasta that is being frozen without any sauce in it.

The advantage of freezing the pasta without sauce is that it gives me the option of using it in different ways....pasta salad, pasta with olive oil and garlic, pasta in a red sauce, pasta in a cream sauce.....and spares me having to boil a big pot of water for just myself.

I'm normally avoiding carbs (and finally losing weight), but a small portion of brown rice pasta shouldn't be a big issue, since we're burning up a lot of calories doing sailing.

Thanks for all who replied about this.