From:
Brita Brownstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brita Brownstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:17:13 -0500

Summer brings fun, on-the-go activities and travel plans. Enjoy Life has you
covered with delicious snacks that are perfect for all your adventures! Our
snack bars, cookie packs and trail mix are easy to travel with and make a
wonderful mid-morning or afternoon snack. Gluten-free and allergy-friendly,
our products contain NO: wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs or soy.
Learn more at  <http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/> www.enjoylifefoods.com

Looking for a special treat for your 4th of July celebration (or any summer
celebration for that matter)? Try this recipe from our new Cookies for
Everyone! cookbook. Want more tasty recipes? Learn about our cookbook at,
<http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cookiebook/>
http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cookiebook/

Berry Yummy Peach Bars
A delicious, summer treat. Top with ice cream or your favorite non-dairy
alternative. Best enjoyed warm and served in a bowl.

Ingredients
For fruit filling:

1 can (15 ounce) sliced peaches (in juice)

1/4 cup raw sugar or packed brown sugar

2 tbsp cornstarch (or tapioca starch)

1 cup blueberries

1 cup blackberries

For crust and topping:

1 package Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle cookies

1 tbsp Spectrum organic shortening

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350°
2.  To make the fruit filling: In a large bowl, mix together juice from
peaches, sugar and starch. Stir in fruit. Place in a saucepan and cook over
low hear until mixture thickens. Set aside

To make the crust and topping: Combine crust ingredients in food processor.
Pulse until the mixture resembles flax meal. Press half of the crust mixture
into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Reserve the other half of the crust
mixture fro the topping. Pour the fruit mixture over the crust. Take the
reserved crust mixture and sprinkle over the fruit mixture.

Bake fro about 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the fruit
mixture is dark purple and thick. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting
into bars.

Yield: 2 dozen