From:
"Warman, Karen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Warman, Karen
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:07:50 -0500

There are several articles written regarding approaching colleges regarding provision of gluten free meals. I provide guidelines to families.... HOWEVER...

Over the past year I have had two families that have found that despite their efforts their college student continues to get sick after eating in the cafeteria.

In both situations the colleges have required that the families purchase a full meal plan from them and will not let them out of the contract despite multiple requests.

One family has hired a lawyer to determine if there are any legal grounds on which they can force the schools to wave the meal plan if it is not meeting their students needs.

I would appreciate any experiences both positive and negative.
Thoughts on how we might approach this???

Thanks
Karen Warman M.S.R.D.