From:
Meyda Yegenoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 08:46:56 -0700

Hi all,

Few  days ago I had my best restaurant experience since I have been
diagnosed with celiac. I went to an Indian restaurant in the East
Village in Manhattan (Raj Mahal; 322 E 6th Str; 212-982-3632) and as I
was going through the usual restaurant ordeal, I picked up one dish and
asked the waitperson whether the dish contains any wheat and...... He
interrupted me, saying "so, you can't have gluten". As I was looking at
him my eyes wide opened and said "so, you know what my problem is". He
said in such an ordinary and taken-for-granted manner "yes, yes, it is
celiac disease, you can't have gluten". The rest was just fun, and very
very easy. I was just picking up dishes and asking simply "so, is this
okay for me?". If he wasn't sure, he was rushing to kitchen and checking
it for me. I wish there will be a time in the future where we'll be able
to do this in every restaurant. In the card of the restuarant that was
brought with the check its says "your host: Raj" If you want to try this
restaurant I suggest you look for this guy. And their food was also very
good.

Meyda