From:
"Ronald Hoggan, Queen Elizabeth High School" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 17:19:54 -0700

Following the recent tread on this subject, it does make sense that we might
still suffer some degree of malabsorption. It also makes sense to me that we
might be deficient in electrolytes. We probably do lose more water through
our stools.

My own experience of high volume water intake, and heat intolerance is
accompanied by a much greater propensity for perspiration than I have ever
before experienced. I am showering twice each day, and there is still snow
on the ground where I live. I can imagine that the shower will be going
every hour or so in the summer.

I can't remember the sources, but I think I read somewhere that many celiacs
experience a reduced ability to sweat. It seems possible that there is a
connection there too.
Best Wishes,
Ron Hoggan