From:
Laurie Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 19:05:30 EDT

I received a number of suggestions, but none that are helpful. Over the
years, I've tried everything suggested, but found that they did not alleviate  the
constipation and far increased gas and bloating. I was interested in
learning more about some commercial products, but the only one mentioned was
Dulcolox and I'm not sure that is gluten free.

In any case this is a summary of the suggestions in the emails I  received:

Vitamin C, in doses of 1000 mg 2 or 3 x daily, or more, if needed,

Metamucil (5 capsules a day)

Citrucel

I've been using a product by RenewLife called CleanseSmart. Its a cleanse
(herbal) that I take 2 capsules each night and 2 in the morning.

prunes - the dried fruit kind

 I mostly use raisins and blueberries in moderation (or they can give  me
stomach/intestinal upset if I eat too many).  Be careful of raisins  though as
they can be easily cross-contaminated and are problematic for folks  sensitive
to mold.

The best thing that I've ever tried is fruit and fruit juice

Ducolax does it for me.

Put flaxseed in your muffins. Take flaxseed oil.

Miralax

Zelnorm

Is there anyone out there who finds themselves in a similar  situation?

Laurie Levine