From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:53:40 -0700

SUMMARY FOR GLUTEN FREE CEREAL BAR, GLUTEN FREE PROTEIN BAR, GLUTEN FREE SNACK BAR, GLUTEN FREE GRANOLA TYPE BARS

APRIL 29, 2005

Hello List,

Thanks for all of your replies in my quest to locate some gluten free cereal bar/protein bar, granola bar, snack bar types of foods.  I was overwhelmed with the 57 replies that came in.  Thanks to all of you who sent comments and recipes.  Some of you included nice compliments which were greatly appreciated.  In an effort to simplify the list, I have compiled an alphabetical list and indicated how many “votes” each item received.  If there were any specific comments that you sent, I have added them below each brand name.  Please keep in mind that these are products that were recommended.  Some of them may contain oats or other ingredients that your particular diet may not allow.  Use this list as a guideline only, and always verify ingredient labels for yourself.  As for me, it looks like I have tons of options for hiking, snacking, or whatever.  Now… to see which of these gluten-free bars will get our daughter to do the gluten free dance.  (in other words, enjoy them….)  As always,
 you are always welcome to email me directly at [log in to unmask] and ask me to email you a copy of the file.  ~Melonie

ALLERENERGY NUTRITION  - 1 VOTE

I just received my first order of energy bars from AllerEngery Nutrition (www.allerenergy.com). They are similar to Nature's Path's cereal bars But without all the extra sugar and additives. I think they taste pretty  good. My only complaint is with the shipping. It cost me $6.95 for one box (I live in CA) sent by priority mail. Priority mail is the only option.

ALPSNACK – 1 VOTE

available at www.alpsnack.com  Ingredients are: organic hemp nuts, almonds & fruits.  GF, Wheat Free and Vegan.  Flavors include: plums & Currants GF,

apricots & Cranberries GF, coconut, mango & pineapple GF, fair trade dark chocolate GF, fair trade expresso chocolate GF

AMAZON BARS – 1 VOTE

AMY LYNN’S ORIGINAL FLAX THINS – 1 VOTE

ANDI BARS –  2 VOTES

1) Protein bars called Andi Bars are Gluten free and casein free.  My favorite flavor is chocolate shake. They also have peanut butter and jelly, blueberry

and macadamia flavors.  They can be ordered on line from www.autismNDI.com.

2) I hear ANDI bars are good, I have not had them.

ARICO FOODS -  2 VOTES

1)  These cookie things from AricoFoods are good but I don’t know where to find them.  2)  Are Arico Foods cookies/bars on your list? I quite like both of them, my 5 yr old won't  eat  either one (too healthy!)

AUNT CANDICE – 1 VOTE

the BEST BEST...YUMMMMMMMMMM

BALANCE BARS –  2 VOTES

These are good, but read the labels as not all are GF

BEAR NAKED BARS – 1 VOTE

Softly baked granola and fruit bars

BETTY LOU’S KRISPY BITES – 1 VOTE

BOOMI BARS – 2 VOTES

BoomiBars are a fruit/nut bar.

BUMBLE BARS -  4 VOTES

1) They're GF, LF, and organic.  You can usually get them at health food or grocery stores that specialize in organic or GF foods.  I get them online now, www.bumblebar.com (flavor of the month is $1/bar for a box of 15).

2) Bumble Bars are my favorite hands down...they are made someplace near Seattle...made and labelled GF...I like luscious lemon the best, but they are all good.

3) BUMBLE BARS!!!!! They are sooooo good!!!! they have a web site,,,, www.bumblebars.com If there is a co Op in your area,,,they may be sold there,,,and may be on sale.  Once a month a different 'flavor' goes on sale.

CLIF LUNA BARS – 1 VOTE

CRACKER FLAX – 1 VOTE

ELEV8 ME!  - 1 VOTE

By www.prosnack.com  EXCELLENT ones for you. One was just introduced to me by a gluten intolerant person herself.  They have many flavors, all natural, no added sugar or sodium etc. They taste very good. The name: Elev 8  me!  www.prosnack.com.  They have coffee bean flavor, coco coconut, banana nut and 2 other flavors

ENER-G FOODS – 2 VOTES

1)has ones available, but can’t find in my area.

2)have you got the Ener-G Foods granola style bars on your list? (my 5 year old won’t eat them, but I like them)

ENJOY LIFE FOODS – 1 VOTE

Snack bars

"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson