From:
Cyndi Symons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:36:34 EST

Hi everyone,
I had many requests from you about if I heard of a new supplier of Jowar to
let them know. . I received this e-mail over a week ago from Scott Adams and I
just got my order yesterday by RPS. I can now recommend it properly. Here's
what Scott sent me.

"I have located another mill in Vernon, Texas that makes stoneground sorghum
flour (Milo).  The company is named Sam Pierce Plant, owner is Odis Sullivan.
1-800-419-9614, FAX 940-552-2772, no e-mail address as yet.  This company has
been in business since 1974.  And the price is affordable, $10.00 for a 20-lb
bag, plus shipping."

I want to thank him for that information. I have tried it and I like it much
better than the Indian Juwar. The flavor is much milder. For those of you who
have tried the Jowar flour from the Hereford Texas plant this flour is made
from the same white seed (Indian company uses purple seed and tastes strong)
and the flavor is good but because it is stone ground it is grainier and
heavier than the Hereford Texas plant Jowar flour. But because I have a sugar
problem the stone ground flour actually was better for me because my blood
sugar did not go down. (Refined foods mess up my sugar levels). There may be
more nutrients in it as well. But if the Hereford Texas plant gets back into
production I'll be ordering theirs and mixing it with this. Their number is
1-806-364-3258.

I also received word that Garfava flour was good. And I bought that also.  I
ordered their pancake mix as well as flour. They are both good. Their number
is 1-800-806-4737. I want to thank the person who gave me that info.

I was told to buy Garbanzo bean flour but I can't seem to find it. Does any
one know where I can find it? I would like to order it through the mail.

I guess there is a danger of cross contamination for Quinoa, Teff and Amaranth
but that there are GF sources out there. If anyone knows any could they let me
know a supplier? Thanks.

Because of this computer resource I am getting healthier alternating all these
great products due to my food allergies. Thanks everyone. My waffles never
tasted better.
Here's my recipe again:
4 cups GF flour
4 tsp. baking powder and Xanthum gum
1 tsp. salt
shake and store.
Later add 1 egg, 1 tsp. oil, vanilla, milk or 1 tsp. yogurt and water till
just right to pour.

Someone wanted to know if I knew of a substitute for xantham gum. I don't but
does anyone else have any ideas for her? I suggest she leaves it out and see
how it turns out. It's just the glue like the gluten is I think, but some
people say they don't use it, I wouldn't know because I use it all the time.