From:
Kathy Feldmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Feldmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:48:58 -0600

Wow, thanks for all the information I received on eating while we are there. Sorry it took so long to finally summarize, but here is what I all got.

Whole Foods and Safeway carry many gluten free items, if you have a condo with your own kitchen that is a plus!
Brenneke's Beach Broiler
Eastside
Verde
Top of the World
The Beach House
Keoki's Paradise
Joe's on the Green

Many people mentioned Sweet Maries gluten free bakery, so I know we will definitely go there, he loves sweets!!
I was also told by one that they went to the Smith Family Luau and they were very accommodating to her, walked her thru the line, which is awesome of them to do!

A couple  more mentioned were Papaya Natural Foods in Hanalei and Broucons.

Thank you to all of you who took the time to help, every vacation causes me stress because I worry about what my son will have to eat, I am not worried at by the responses and positive notes I got on how well the island is aware of gluten, from what I understood, the owner of Sweet Marie's has educated many there.
Kathy

*******
*******