From:
Nancy Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2010 19:14:38 -0400

This summary is a bit late.  My apologies.  I received 19 responses, some with suggestions for breads other than banana and baking ideas that will be interesting to try.  Many thanks to all responders for taking the time to share ideas.    Breads from Anna's was the most popular suggestion (4), then Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Flour Mix (2), then Pamela's Pancake Mix (2) and Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix (2).  One responder likes Gluten-Free Pantry's Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix, another likes Jules GF All-Purpose Flour and one responder suggested that buckwheat flour be substituted for wheat flour in favorite bread recipes.

When I sent an appeal to the list I also sent an email to Bob's Red Mill inquiring about using their Gluten Free Biscuit and Baking Mix which I happened to have on hand, for muffins and sweet breads.  I was unable to navigate their extensive recipe collection on line for some reason and was delighted to receive a prompt reply that included recipes for banana bread using that mix (I made it and it was fantastic) and another for Gluten-Free Strawberry Walnut Muffins which I'll try next substituting bananas for the berries.  I was told the recipes are on line but I haven't checked to date.  I'm noting this to extend kudos to Bob's for having someone available to respond to personal emails.

NC