From:
Linda Scalice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 06:59:27 EDT

The other day I read a post from a member who stated about Outback:
"according to the chef (cook) at our local one (rockford, il) they all flour
the grill and they roll thier potatoes in flour before baking."
I checked with my brother, who is a food technician for Outback here in the NY
Metro area, and he was aghast. In our area and as far as he knows the entire
company, the kitchen simply does not flour the grill. They do season the
steaks. He has advised me to order them unseasoned as he couldn't guarantee
the GF status of the seasonings and they roll the potatoes in salt, but no
flour is used on those two products. When I eat there, I usually order an
unseasoned meat or fish, the potato and steamed veggies. In these particular
units, the honey mustard dressing is GF, but I can't vouch for other areas.
I have no financial interest in the company, just lots of siblings with
interesting jobs.