From:
Marie Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:17:37 EDT

Hi folks,

I've discovered a great Mexican restaurant in Edinburgh, Scotland whose
manageress is a celiac.

I phoned the restaurant before I went and they told me they could get corn
tortillas for me.  When I arrived at the restaurant I couldn't believe it
when the manageress told me she was a celiac as well.    She was very
helpful telling me what I could eat and said she would make sure the chef
cleaned the boards to avoid contamination.  She gave me all their seasonal
and lunch menus away with me.  The food was great and the portions were very
generous.
It's the first time in over a year and a half that I have been out for a
Mexican meal - nachos never tasted so good.

The restaurant is

        Gringo Bill's Bar and Grill
        110 Hanover Street
        Edinburgh
        Scotland
        Tel: 0131 2201208

I recommend that you phone before you go so they can buy in corn tortillas.

I have no commercial iterest with the restaurant,just a passion for Mexican
food.

Hope that someone finds this useful.

Marie