From:
Leanne Wenzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:55:38 MDT

I can understand your concerns Fran, however, not everyone on this list
shares your 100% restrictive policies. I realize that this is clearly a
sensitive issue for you but I do not think it was very appropriate for you
to post someones private response to the entire list. I believe that Don was
actually trying to enlighten you and not hurt you. I also found your
statement about the Government E-mail address to be a little paranoid. I
think we are very lucky to have professionals on this list who can
contribute more than just personal anecdotes.  I am in no way trying to
downplay the importance of personal experience as I believe these
experiences can sometimes be helpful. What I am trying to say is that we
should not attack our medical professionals and Scientists as they can
provide us with very beneficial information.

Leanne Wenzel
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Alberta