From:
JOSEPH W ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JOSEPH W ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:12:41 -0700

Hi All-

After a few e-mails, Kraft responded to me (several other brands are also
under the  Kraft name; such as Post cereal, nabisco,etc.). I was
concerned because the labels didn't list sources for things such as
natural flavor, etc. This is their reply to my question:

Thanks for visiting our web site.
We understand how important it is for people who have been medically
diagnosed with gluten
sensitivity to have accurate information about foods to help plan meals
and diets.
For your convenience, the ingredient list on the product is the most
current and best source of
information for consumers who are concerned about allergens. Potential
allergens, such as wheat
and other sources of gluten, will be listed on the label of Kraft
products that contain these
ingredients.
These items will be listed using commonly known terms such as Wheat,
Barley, Oats or Rye.
For other ingredients that contain gluten, the grain source will be
declared in parenthesis after the
ingredient name. For example, if the ingredient 'natural flavor' contains
a gluten source, the label
would read: natural flavor (contains rye).  Other ingredients that
contain gluten are: Triticale,
Spelt, Kamut, Mir or Farina (also known as Far or Farro).  We encourage
you to check the
ingredients each time you purchase foods.
Please add our site, http://www.kraftfoods.com/, to your bookmarks and
visit us again soon!