From:
nancy lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 10:01:13 -0600

Dear all,
      Maybe their policy has changed, but I called Kraft about
their mayonnaise, and they were really nice. (Maybe I hit a "good"
person on a good day?) She said they couldn't make general
statements, because sometimes ingredients changed, but they could
verify batch by batch if you give them one batch number for one
product (the product identification number on the container). And
then they reply in writing after they have a chance to look up
that batch, etc. I did this for the Fat-Free mayo I had at the
time. The reply came in about 1-2 weeks and said gluten-free.
I have not had a problem with this product since, although I
suppose one batch might NOT be gf, so people would have to take
their chances.
      Not an apology for Kraft, just my experience.

Best,
Nancy in S. Illinois