From:
"Ruth E. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:49:27 -0600

Ms. Vance from red star yeast gave a presentation at the Chicago fall meeting
on bread machines on how to use them and what are the best models in her
opinion for gluten free flours.

Her recommendation were the following:
1. Toastmaster model # 1195  (called Bread Box)
2. Magic Chef  sold at Walmart for around $79
3. Regal model K6750
4. Welbilt  1 1/2# model 3300 ABM
5. Welbilt  2#  model 4000 ABM
6. Zorabushi  (SP?) very expensive, but toallaly programable

She has worked with celiacs and the red star yeast company in helping to
design bread receipes for us for many years.  The machines she recommends are
the most sucessful in her opinion for gluten free bread.

My own experience is that she is correct.  I do not like the machines that
have the punch down feature.  THe bread falls and some days, depending on the
weather, it does not always rise as high again.  For this reason you need
a machine that is best for our flours and has been proven with the testing.
The Red Star now Magic Chef she personally worked with to design for our
breads.  You need a machine that has a very stong motor for gf bread.

Good luck and a happy holiday.

Ruth E. Smith R.N.     president elect CSA/USA   Barrington, Il.