Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:11:04 -0700

Thanks again to the list for all of the feedback.

I have been a little slow on composing this summary as I hoped to do a
little more research on my own.

The majority of the response, understandably, advised exercising caution.
The main consesus was that if there was a cure out there, the medical
community will know about it. Personally, I'm not convinced that is true in
all cases.  I happen to know that there are cures for cancer that have been
totally buried by the drug companies in this company.  We live in a very
materialistic and greedy society and treating a disease is much more
profitable that curing it.  That is just my opinion.

There is a book that goes with this medicine: The Immune System Cure, as
well as a web site  www.theimmunesystemcure.com.  I would encourage anyone
interested to do their own research.  I find this to be the most profitable
for making a sound decision anyway.  I hesitate to try this product, mainly,
because it is not my body that I am experimenting with but my 10 year old
daughter.  I must be certain  about the benefits and risks before I try it
on her.

I mentioned in my original post that this product had been double blind
tested and results printed in several journals.  I did not list those
journals but had several request that I do that.

They are:

1. International Journal of Immunopharmacology: Vol18,No.12 pp 693-700, 1996

2. The American Arthritis Trust Newsletter, pp1-8, 1998

3. The Lancet:  Vol345, No. 8964, pp1529-1532, 1995

4.  Aids Bulletin  Vol 6. No.3 pp 18-20  , 1993

5.  International Hournal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease:  l,(5): pp
518-522, 1997

6.   South African Journal of Science:  Vol 93, 00 263-268,  1997

7.  Immunology Today:  Vol 16, No. 12 , 1995

I'm not sure how to get ahold of these publications but it might be worth
looking into.

I have included a few of the response for those of you who requested them:

"Sorry, I don't have any more answers than before.  Only two respondents had
heard of this.  One was given the medicine by an alternative MD and the
other had heard the author at a

I first learned about autoimmune disorders in 1995 when my immune system
began to produce anti-nuclear antibodies.  This can lead to all types of
things, including lupus, scleroderma, etc.  There are no answers yet
regarding why the immune system does these things, but if you recall, a few
years back the Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded to a researcher who made
progress on understanding the receptor cells.  Something in the receptor
cells fails to distinguish bad from good.

What physicians can do to stop the immune response is to use steroids and
anti malarial drugs.  Both of these have side effects, but are life saving
if the immune system decides to attack the heart or brain."

"Talk to your daughter's physician. I believe sterols/sterolins are
forms of steroids that the doctor could have prescribed if he/she
wanted to. I am sure there are some very good reason why the
physician didn't."

"You may want to read 'Eat Right for your Type", by Dr. Peter D'Adamo.  His
theory is that the blood type determines the immune system, & proteins in
food can be just as harmful as protein found in germs & viruses.  If you
considering adding supplements, you may want to start with the foods your
daughter is eating now.  Adding something new to compensate for something
that's could be removed hardly makes sense.

I found it quite easy to fit the g.f. diet into the blood type diet because
the book deals in whole foods. Since it give lists of good & neutral foods as
well as bad to avoid (unlike the g.f. diet which gives you only the avoids),
it has actually given me more foods to plan my meals around. I found the
section on beans most interesting."

"Natural and non-toxic are not the same thing. Lots of things are natural
that are also toxic, digitalis from foxglove to start with, not to mention
steroids."

If that product doesn't help her look at: www.mannatech.com and
www.glycoscience.com

"I heard Lorna VanDerHaeghe speak at a convention 2 years ago.  It was about
Moducare.  She was very interesting.    There is a book called the Immune
System Cure by Lorna R. VanDerHaeghe.  In the book there is a chart and in
it says Celiac disease, and diabetes for autoimmunes disease.  On another
page it says"An article published in the Canadian Journal of Physiology and
Pharmacology reported that celiac disease is a food allergy-induced
autoimmune disorder, and it may well be that insulin-dependent diabetes
mellitus is also related to food allergies.  Research is under way to
confirm the relationship between allergies and autoimmiunity.  If you are
afflicted with an autoimmune disorder, allergy testing or eliminating
suspect foods may help you get your symptoms under control."  Moducare is
suppose to bring your immune system in balance.  Moducare is different than
say the herb Echinacea which stimulates the immune system.  People with
autoimmune disorders should not take herbs like Echinacea becauce it
stimulates the immune system in the wrong way.  The Moducare pulls the
system into balance.   The book is worth getting or looking into.  You can
get it in health food stores.  Hope this helps."

"Your doctor can put her on immunoglobulin transfusions for three days. I
had that done recently. You need to have good health coverage though
since it costs $15,000. It has been shown to increase the immune system
for at least 6 weeks."

"I just returned from the International Celiac Symposium, where I heard all
the experts from around the world discuss the genetics of CD. Fundamentally,
your daughter's problem is that you gave her the wrong genes. At present,
there is nothing that can be done about it. If this snake oil worked the
celiac community would be all over it. Please don't injure your daughter.
The special diets are, for the forseeable future, the only way to treat
these problems."

"Before I would experiment with any invasive treatment, i.e., medication,
I would consider using the Nikken Sleep System which consist of a mattress or
mattress pad, a pillow and a comforter.  These items work together to boost
the body's immune system"

This covers the main body of advice/opinion I received.  I hope some find it
helpful

Jennifer in AZ