From:
Christie Kuyper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:39:39 -0500

Hi---

As a seventeen year old recently-discovered celiac I am concerned about the
thought of moving away to college in the near future. Has anyone had any
experience dealing with college food services, or can anyone offer any tips
about making it through college gluten free? I will be living in freshman
dorms and would have very limited access to a kitchen (and most likely not
very much time to cook either!) Also, I understand that college cafeterias
serve also as places to meet people and spend time with friends, which I
don't particulary want to miss out on. However, I don't know if it would be
possible for me to trust any sort of food service with being GF due to
large-scale service and possible cross contamination. It would be
interesting to hear from any of you have have attended college away from
home while being on the GF diet or anyone else who can offer insight!

Thanks in advance,
Christie