From:
Kevin & Pat Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:38:47 -0500

Hi,
I asked the following question and what follows is a summary.  "I was
wondering if you could send me the name of your "favorite" store bought
gf "sandwich" bread."

Food For Life Breads got a total of 14 replies
Ener-G Foods got a total of 5 replies
Kinnikinnick got a total of 2 replies
Cybros got a total of 2 replies
All of the other companies were sent by one person/company
PLEASE read below to find 800 #s, web sites, and addresses of all
companies mentioned.  Most mentioned that these breads taste MUCH better
when toasted first, or at least heated in the microwave.

Food For Life Breads favorites
2 Pecan Bread
3 Brown Rice Bread
2 Rice Bread
2 Raison Pecan
3 Rice and Almond
2 White Rice Bread

Ener-G Foods Bread favorites
2 Tapioca
2 White Rice
1 Thin Sliced Tapioca

Kinnikinnick Bread favorites
1 Tapioca
1 Sliced Thin Bread
1 Cheese Tapioca Rice Bread
1 Robin's Honey Brown Rice Bread

Canada Local Bakery favorite
1 Corn types and Halla

Gillian's favorites
1 Rolls for sandwiches

Local bread Milwaukee/Favorite mail order Wisconsin Bread favorites
1 Cybros likes all types
1 Cybros white rice rolls

Homemade favorite
Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix.

Food for Life Breads - 1-800-797-5090 or http://www.food-for-
life.com./index.asp  It can be ordered on line through the Gluten free
mall at www.glutenfreemall.com/ Toll free 888-458-8360
Food For Life Baking
Co., Inc., P.O. Box 1434, Corona, CA 91718

Cybros, in Wisconsin, contact them at 1-800-876-2253.  Fax 262-547-8946
It arrived in one week, but couldn't be shipped in hot weather due to mold.

I make a mix from the gluten free pantry, "Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix".
You don't need a bread maker and it's relatively easy.  www.glutenfree.com

Ener-G Foods  website:
http://www2.digimktg.com/enrg/default.html
http://www.digimktg.com/enrg/default.html   Ener-G foods, their toll
free number is 1-800-331-5222

Kinnikinnick Bread  http://www.kinnikinnick.com/  toll free # 1-877-503-4466

Canada Local Bakery:  The best of the two, "Marie Nature"
http://www.marie-nature.com/english/deuxieme_page.htm does not ship outside
of the Montreal area but the other, "De-Ro-Ma"
http://glutino.com/accueil_en.html ships anywhere. All of their breads are
fine but the corn types and halla are a cut above the rice flour varieties.

Gillian's has a web site: http://www.gilliansfoods.com

Happy eating and thanks to all who replied!!!

Pat in NH, USA