From:
JSchroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 18:04:14 -0700

Here are my tofu responses:

 a list of GF vegetarian products included 2 tofus:

>one brand was NASOYA (Vitasoy USA Inc.

 San Fran.  CA 1-800-EAT TOFU) and the other was HOUSE (House Foods
America Corporation 7351 Orangewood Ave.  Garden Grove, CA 92841).
Both are organic and gluten-free - the ingredients are only water,
organically-grown soybeans, and coagulants (magnesium chloride in the
case of NASOYA brand and calcium sulfate & glucono-delta-lactone (an
acid) in the case of HOUSE brand).  Both come packed in water with net
weights of 16oz (NASOYA) and 14oz (HOUSE).

Another gf tofu was reported April 2000:

>I just received word that all tofu from Small Planet brand, which I
just bought in my local health food store, is gluten and dairy free,
and totally vegan.  The email address is:

most all tofu's are gf unless they contain soy or teriaky sauce or some
marinade, confirmed are Tree of Life and Nasoya.

Mori-Nu

Most tofu is gluten free except for the kinds that are flavored.
Mori-Nu is gf, the silken kinds are great to use in things.  The water
packed tofu that you can buy bulk are great for meat substitutes.